Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Nothing Important

Do you ever feel like you just don't have anything important to say? I have been racking my brain for the last few days, thinking about what I should blog about... I mean, it's been like weeks since I posted. Sometimes it's just better to leap and hope to God something good comes out.

Hey! That's not a bad analogy. Have you ever noticed that in your life?

When I look back at all the times God did something cool in my life, it's when I just decided to take a leap and trust that He'd provide a soft landing. It wasn't that long ago that Darrell and I were just barely making ends meet (ummm... like yesterday... ha!). I'm actually referring back to when we only had one kid, and I was pregnant with #2. We had a nice new Ford Escape, but it came with a pretty hefty car note, among other loans, but that was the big one we knew we could get out from under. We prayed for a while and just hoped the money would come or that it'd just work out somehow. Finally, we decided we couldn't make another payment and drove around town looking for anything we could switch it even for. We were expecting some junker since we needed to trade it in, as well as have the dealership pay off our existing loan, and still have some credit for a car of some sort. We looked all around Nacogdoches and had pretty much settled on a Ford Taurus that was kinda worn out, but worked well and would get me around town. Darrell thought it best to drive down to Lufkin just to see if there was anything else there. We drove up to the first place we saw and thought to ourselves, there's no way they'd have anything junky enough that we could afford it. They had some really nice, gently used vehicles. We got out and looked around, just in case and spied this Toyota Sienna off to the side. It didn't have a sticker on the window, but Darrell figured out through their number system (I'm still not sure I understand how, but whatever, guys get this stuff) that they were offering over 8K for it. There was no way we could afford to spend that much and still pay off the remaining balance on our Escape. A sales man stopped us on our way out (as they always do) and asked if he could help us. We told him straight up, we need to trade this Escape even for something, loan and all. He said... well... how about that Sienna over there. Ha! Next thing we knew, we were emptying out our car, and driving off into life with no car note. Ahhhhh! It was the sweetest 30 minute drive home ever.

Now we're looking at having to replace another vehicle. No, we still have no car note, but Darrell's '93 F150 has seen much better days. We bought it used in '99 shortly after we were married. We'd love to find ourselves another truck, possibly with 4 doors and a back seat that will fit our family. I know, I know... good luck! Oh but I didn't tell you the best part, we're hoping to find one we can afford to pay cash for. Ha! Now that's asking a lot of God! :D

Ephesians 3:20-21
20Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

He has a way of working those things out for us, if we just ask. So many times I run myself crazy trying to figure out the answer, and if I would just be still for one little minute, He would tell me.

keep us posted, cause I know you will have a good story with this truck, too!

Facebook

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP