Sunday, September 2, 2007

Selfish Me

I feel like my children unintentionally but constantly remind of how selfish I am:

1. I find myself frustrated when my children are hanging on the computer chair and playing with the CDs and other paraphernalia (now there's a $5 word) on the desk.

2. I find myself upset that they wont be quiet while I'm watching an "grown-up" show like the news, or "Friends" reruns.

3. I get mad when wont stay out of the kitchen cabinets, my bedroom, the bathroom and other places that are off limits when I'm resting on the couch.

4. I rarely seem to have a peaceful moment alone. Even if I sneak off to the bathroom I have little feet pattering on the cold tile before I can finish. If I think to lock the door, I have at least one child crying or whining on the other side the whole time.

When I take the time to think about these many situations, I find that it's my own selfishness that brings about the frustration. Helloooooo... if you weren't on the computer, and were playing with your children instead... you wouldn't be experiencing problem #1. The same theory applies to #2 as well, why not watch a kid friendly show (again) and quit being so stinkin selfish, or just turn the TV off and go outside and again, problem solved. #3 occurs mostly when I don't get off my lazy bum. I need to remember I'm not a single college kid who can just lay around all day. My time is precious, why waste it laying around, spend it with your kids woman! You only have 2 more years before the oldest is in school full time. (oh wow, just typing it out is scary). And, well #4, I guess that's just the life of a mommy. Hopefully as they get older, they'll decide to stay out, and give me at least a moment's peace.

1 comment:

Mrs. Finn said...

I'm laughing, 'cause my kids won't leave me alone long enough to read your entire post. What are they thinking? I had them so I could spend every second thinking about them??? Oh yeah. I guess so.

Facebook

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP