Tuesday, March 4, 2008

streptococcus in the throatus

After a weekend of sleepless nights, fever and shining flashlights in throats, I was relieved to see Lianna diagnosted with strep throat. The doctor thought I was strange for smiling after she told me my daughter was sick. I had to explain that I knew she was ill, and was relieved to know I'd been wise and brought her in. There's a balance a parent must find in letting your child fight through little colds and sore throats by themselves, and knowing when it's bad enough to go to the doctor for treatment. I chose wisely yesterday. :)

So far the rest of the children are fairing well. We think we might have contained it to our daughter only. It will take a day or two to be sure, as Darrell is showing signs of illness now. We are all under quarentine (except Darrell who must continue to earn a paycheck) until tomorrow, provided Lianna stays fever free.

On a completely different note, my 9 month old son still refuses to crawl. I admit, I have not pushed him very hard, okay, okay, I havent encouraged him at all. :D He has recently found an alternate mode of transportation though. He now can roll himself from one side of the living area to the other, and has once rolled himself into a corner of his sister's closet. It's quite amusing actually. Here's to baby #3 may he take as long as he pleases to crawl, walk, and run!

No comments:

Facebook

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP