Friday, February 8, 2008

Ewwwwww!

I've been a mother for three and a half years now. You'd think having three children within that time would give me ample preparation for the gross things in my life. I've potty trained my daughter, and changed multiple diapers between two sons that continue to wear them. We've been through stomach viruses where there was both puke and diarreah. (okay, yeah, that was bad... as an infant lianna once was in here johnny jump up and her diaper leaked, loose stool ran down her leg. When I immerged from the shower I found her jumping in her own waste that was in turn being mushed into my carpet.)

After typing all that out I realize this wasnt so bad, but I was surprised none the less. Today, in effort to make life easier on the sitter tonight (her first time with our kids) and an effort to make Saturday less busy, I decided to bathe all three children, at the same time, by myself. Other than getting a little (okay, a lot) wet, and the nice surprise I was given, it went fairly well.

Everyone is scrubbed and I decide to remove Canaan from all the chaos. He's most likely to get knocked over by an older sibling, and once dry, he doesn't wander too far from where I place him. I wrap up his chunky dripping body in a warm towel and carry him to his room. I remove a diaper from the drawer and a wipe from the container on the dresser. As I begin to unwrap the towel, I find a nice pile of poo that he'd left just for me. Ugh, I wipe his bottom and reach for the diaper with my right hand while holding his two feet with my left. I feel him strain against my left hand, and turning to scold him for trying to wriggle out of my grasp, I realize that wasnt the reason for his straining at all. He was evidently not finished giving me my surprise. Ewwwww! At least it's all being caught in his towel, and it's fairly solid enough to dump in the toilet afterward. I do a little "heeby jeeby" dance, laugh at him, and once I think he's finished I carefully wad up the towel and quickly put a clean diaper on him, in case he still isnt finished.

I return to the bathroom,towel in hand, where Lianna and Brooks are throwing buckets of water on each other, and of course little of it is staying in the tub. I mop up what I can with a handy towel (not the poopy one), and dump my "gift" into the toilet, then flush it away. The rest of the children are dried and dressed with only minimal naked running up and down the hall.

The story of my crazy life. Now there's a title for a blog..."Mi Vida Loca". Dont worry, I'm not changing the name of mine again.

2 comments:

Jennboree said...

My dainty darlings have also given me "gifts" at inappropriate times. When Bella was about a year old and delightfully naked after a bath, she got up off of her toy car and there were exactly 4 presents on the seat of it. Not mushed or anything. I was impressed.

Amanda said...

ew.

i thought liana's story was pretty ew too. it makes me feel a little better since my little shorty has no shortage of poop and i change her about 16 times a day, just to have her erupt daintily again.

Facebook

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP