Friday, June 6, 2008

Happy Birthday Baby!

Well my little boy turned one on Tuesday, June 3rd. At first it doesn't seem like a big deal... after all we've celebrated 1st birthdays twice before. However, Canaan's is different. I'm experiencing this sweet sadness along with the joy of seeing him learn and grow. See, he's my last baby (God willing ;D) and so this is essentially my last first birthday, until we have grand kids, but that's not happening soon... I mean really, Lianna's not even 4 yet.

To fuel these emotions a little more, I've agreed to have Canaan's hair cut for the first time on Saturday. See according to Darrell, Canaan came out needing a hair cut. I've held him off for a year now, but the deal was, we weren't going to cut his hair until he was at least one, and well, now he's one. As most of you mothers know, after that first haircut the baby in them just seems to dissapear. Those sweet baby curls never come back (or are never allowed to because before they can it's haircut time again). I suffered through this last summer with Brooks, but he was almost 18 months old. The difference is, he was born almost completely bald, and hardly had any hair until he was a year old, while his brother had a head full of dark hair at birth.

Brooks' first hair-cut... May 31st, 2007




A recent photo of my sweet Canaan. I'll post his haircut pictures over the weekend.


Oh and for those of you who are concerned about my one year old having a "high and tight" (the only haircut D knows how to do); I'm having a professional come over to cut Canaan's. He's too young for the military look in my opinion. We'll do clean cut, with a little length on top I think. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday! and i can so relate to the haircut thing, aaron wants all three boys to have a burr for the summer, i'm just not ready for that! :-) what a hanesome little guy, what a sweetie, and so lucky to have such a great mom:-) wish we lived closer and could get our little guys together!

Facebook

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP