Sunday, August 3, 2008

Open Mouth Insert Foot

For once, I'm not the one with the foot hanging out, but have been the recipient of a mouth+foot moment. Tonight D and I dressed up a little and went to church for the SOS Banquet. We enjoyed a crazy weekend where 8+ young men camped out on our living room floor for two nights. Lianna L-O-V-E-D it! I think she felt like the miraculously adopted 8+ big brothers. :D

Anyway, they closed the weekend with a banquet. D put on a nice button up collared shirt and I donned my most favorite baby doll dress. I call it that because it's very fitted around the chest, with lots of roushing (ok, have no idea how to spell that word but that's not the point) but it gives me a lovely full chested look. ;) The skirt poofs a little and hits me just below the knee, to hide a bit of a post baby pooch I'm still carrying.

An acquaintance approaches me (I really don't even know her name) at a table where I'm trying to keep my children occupied while we wait for dinner to be served and congratulates me. Um... thanks? She asks, is there something I should be congratulating you for? I say, um... no. Don't think so. Her response? Well... congratulations on looking so cute in that pretty dress. OMG! That conversation didn't just happen did it? I'm so mortified!

Wait... it gets worse.

Thirty minutes later, I'm waiting in line to get food for the children and a better acquaintance. One whose name I DO know, greets me in line and asks how I've been feeling. Confused, I say I've been great. Then she reaches out... oh yeah... you know where this is going... and pats my stomach and says she didn't know I was expecting. AAAAaaaaahhhh! I'm Not!

The rest of the evening is a depressing blur of replaying events over and over in my head, and snapping at my children for most anything. Ugh! I don't think I can ever wear my favorite dress again.
For a visual: I SO do NOT look pregnant!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

i was hoping you would post a pic! i couldn't imagine a dress that would make you look CRAZY ENOUGH TO BE PREGNANT AGAIN!

yeah, you so don't look pregnant.

Queen of the house! said...

OMG.....Whatever, you do not look preggo!!!! Cute, very cery cute! And btw why do people ever say things like that??? HELLO!!!!

That is a reminder never to ask someone EVER if they are pregnant unless they say so first....AGGHHHH I am so sorry dear...you DO NOT look pregnant, so just think of it like this, it has been too long since the last babe people are expecting news so anything gives them cause, even a "rouching" dress...hahah;

Queen of the house! said...

One more thing, I realized a long time ago that I cannot wear many of the cute styles that are long and flowy when I have 4 kids...even if I am skinny people always think that equals pregnacy!

Facebook

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP