Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Mommy.... mommy.... mommy

I'm sure we all went through this stage, I vaguely remember Lianna doing this for a while, but now Brooks has started into it as well. Ugh! My dad used to say, Allison, you sound like a broken record. Well, my kids don't even know what a record is, but seriously... they sound just like one! The other day in the car went like this:

Brooks: Mommy...
Me: Brooks?
Brooks: Mommy...
Me: Yes sir?
Brooks: Mommy...
Me: I'm listening
Brooks: Mommy...
Me: Is there something you want to tell me Brooks?
Brooks: Mommy...
[pause] (by now I'd just given up)
Brooks: Mommy...
[pause]
Brooks: Mommy...

Canaan likes to play the game too.

One day we'll carry on real conversations with our kids right? At first I think, yeah, that'll be great, but then I remember it'll be conversations about why she can't wear the bikini to the pool party or why he can't smoke stogies until he's 18 or have a motorcycle.

Edited to add images of the kids from the same night this was written. We went out to play just as it was getting dark. It was last minute, so some were dressed more appropriately than other. :)
Notice his fancy belt he borrowed from Lianna, and his socks, but no shoes. Those socks were filthy by the time we came inside.


And My Favorite! He wanted to ride his sisters bike, I told him if he put on some shoes the pedals wouldn't hurt his feet. So... he brought me his boots. No socks or pants! Ha! Like any other momma, I put them on for him, then ran to get the camera.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha Too funny Allison!!! I love the conversation. Right now all I get are Coos! I love it though.

Facebook

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP