Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The End of My Rope

Do you ever have one of those days? If you're a parent, surely you have. Today was one of them for me. You know the days when you feel like all you do is raise your voice, spank, and change diapers. Maybe it was because we stayed home today. The furthest from the house I got, was down the street and back while my daughter rode her bicycle. I feel like after lunch it just went down hill. I had to say things 3+ times to get anyone to pay attention, listen or obey, and even then it didn't always work.

I called my husband before he even came home and warned him. I told him " I'm done, as soon as you get home. I will heat your dinner, or whatever, but I will no longer deal with the children. " He kinda laughed, but when I heard the front door open 20 min later I went into the computer room and shut the door. I plan to stay in here until after bed time.

I love my children, I really do. I've been reminding myself this for the last few hours. I feel like my actions don't always communicate this love, but disciplining them is a form of love too right? I just wish I didn't have to do it all stinking day! Tomorrow's bound to be better.

1 comment:

Mrs. Finn said...

Of course tomorrow will be better...you get rid of 1 for a few hours!
Sorry your day was yucky! I'm praying for lots of rest and rejuvenation overnight for you.

Facebook

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP