Friday, August 17, 2007

Insect Repellent

I've recently decided to just carry insect repellent with me everywhere. Apparently, all the insects have decided to attack me and my love ones this week.

Roaches going after my children, ants intruding in my kitchen, and wasps attacking me personally. Yup, that's right. Thursday morning when walking back out to the car to get Canaan, I unintentionally disturbed a nest of red wasps. I was stung once in the calf on my left leg. Thankfully no one else was injured and the sting really wasn't as bad as I'd remembered them being as a child. I actually thought it felt more like a pinch at first. My friend, whose house I was visiting, and whose pool I was mooching, graciously provided me with some Benedryl and I continued to swim and enjoy the morning with my children. The rest of the day I'd all but forgotten about my morning insect attack.

Friday morning I awoke with my left leg on fire. Okay, not really on fire, but it was red, swollen, throbbing and painful to walk on. As the day wore on, I kept thinking it would get better, oh no, just got worse and worse. By 2:00 in the afternoon I called the "on call" doctor and he said it may be infected. He told me to start taking an Antihistamine every 6 hours and called in an Antibiotic for me. I've been instructed to ice the leg, and keep it elevated.

What's with all the bugs and their recent cruelty to me an my loved ones!?! What did I ever do to them?!?

1 comment:

Mrs. Finn said...

That's what you get for trying to kill off the ants in your kitchen. =) Yikes!

Facebook

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP