Friday, November 9, 2007

Girls Night Out

I just love nights where a handful of women escape the confines of our homes, can gather around food, and share stories of motherhood and wifehood (not sure if that's even a word, but it totally should be). Tonight we celebrated a friend's 31st birthday. We all got a little treat and escaped our normal evening routines for some "girl talk". It was refreshing to just laugh, share and remember that we are not alone in the awesome challenge of raising godly children. Some of us have bigger tasks than others (dependent on child temperament) but we all struggle, and sharing stories, struggles, ideas, and just getting to know each other a little more intimately is so encouraging (or scary, some of my friends are way trashier than I am! Ha!). I think it's bed time, I'm got a little too happy with the punctuation in that last sentence. I think the sugar from my cheesecake is finally being introduced into my blood.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

that was so fun, and i really needed it! thank you for inviting me!

love,
a really trashy friend

Facebook

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP