Monday, November 5, 2007

It's that time of year again

Oh yes, I've decided to do what I can to make up for the lost time. It's gotta count for something right?

Not only is it NaBloPoMo, it's also hunting season. I knew it was coming, he warned me, but I still found myself unprepared. So Saturday morning is the big day. I have a shoot at 11am and he says "that's perfect! I'll go in the morning before your shoot, and in the evening after! Thanks for working that out just right honey. " *GRIN*

Saturday morning arrives and I awake, alone in our bed. My son walks in (the one who can walk ;) ) and says "daddy". I just tell him daddy's gone hunting and pull him into bed with me for a little company. He eventually gets restless, and we head to the kitchen for some breakfast. While going about our morning routine, I get a phone call. It goes something like this:

He says: Good morning

I say: Hey handsome

He says: How are you?

I say: good, how are you?

He says: I'm Reeeallly good

I say: You didn't did you? On the first day? Wow... um... you remember I have a shoot right?

He says: It was an 8 point. I knew it'd have to be a good one if I was going to get in trouble with you.

I say: So you're still going to be back at 10 am right? I gotta get ready for the shoot.

He says: I don't know, I'll try, but we still gotta clean and dress it.


10:00 comes and goes. I end up taking the kids to him while he finishes up. I go on to my shoot and when I return he's still there. I will admit that he's still there mainly because I took both sets of keys with me, but can you blame me? The morning was SO NOT going as planned.

Ah, the life of a hunter's wife.

No comments:

Facebook

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP